CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
In this episode of The Real Estate Investing for Cash Flow Podcast, Kevin shares the mic with Mark Roderick — Corporate Securities Lawyer with a special focus in Fintech and Crowdfunding. Since the JOBS act of 2012, Mark has spent the majority of his time advising and representing the interests of upstart firms and companies on their fundraising activities. In addition, the contributions to his personal blog give detailed insight into the best fundraising strategies of the digital era.
HIGHLIGHTS [10:52] What was the ultimate catalyst for the JOBS act of 2012? [16:28] What is Mark’s “3 Flavors” of Crowdfunding? [25:44] What are the costs associated with setting up a Regulation A Public Offering? [33:42] What role has investor portals played in the last few years? [41:23] Mark’s closing thoughts.
Questions? Let me know.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN | Also available on iTunes & Spotify
During This Show We Discuss…
- Your potential legal liability using crowdfunding platforms
- When a potential investor can sue the project creator
- The “3 flavors” of crowdfunding you should know about
- Legal issues with flex versus fixed funding
- How the new tax law affects crowdfunding
- 20% tax deduction in crowdfunding transactions
- Getting crowd funding for real estate investing
- What you should know about peer-to-peer lending
- Issues with bonuses you may offer to donors
- What to know about the SEC’s role in crowdfunding
- What an opportunity zone fund is and how they work
- Why trusts invest in crowdfunding projects
- Other big investors who are investing in crowdfunding campaigns
- Potential legal pitfalls in peer-to-peer lending?
- And much more
Mark Roderick is one of the leading Crowdfunding and Fintech lawyers in the United States. Expanding on his in-depth knowledge of capital-raising and securities law, Mark represents many portals and other players in the Crowdfunding field. He writes a widely read blog, crowdfundattny.com, which provides readers with a wealth of legal and practical information for portals, issuers and investors. He also speaks at Crowdfunding events across the country and represents industry participants across the country and around the world.